A layered flower motif is a beautiful crochet project that you can use for various applications, including embellishing clothing, accessories, or home decor.Here’s a simple pattern for a layered flower motif:
- Worsted weight yarn in your choice of colors
- Crochet hook appropriate for your yarn (usually a G/4.0mm or H/5.0mm hook)
- Yarn needle
Large Flower Layer:
- Start with a magic ring (or chain 4 and join to form a ring).
- Chain 3 (counts as your first double crochet throughout), then work 11 double crochets (11 dc) into the magic ring. You should have a total of 12 double crochets in the ring. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the initial chain 3.
- Chain 2 (counts as your first half double crochet), then work a half double crochet (1 hdc) into the same stitch as the chain 2. Chain 2, skip the next double crochet, and work 1 half double crochet into the next double crochet. Repeat from * to * around the circle. You’ll have 12 chain-2 spaces. Join with a slip stitch to the first half double crochet.
Small Flower Layer:
- Chain 2, work 2 double crochets, 1 treble crochet, 2 double crochets all in the same chain-2 space. This creates a petal. Slip stitch into the next chain-2 space. Repeat * to * around the circle, creating a total of 12 petals. Join with a slip stitch to the first chain of the initial chain 2.
- Fasten off and weave in the ends.
- Stack the small flower layer on top of the large flower layer. You can either use a contrasting color for the small flower or the same color, depending on your preference.
- Using the yarn needle, sew the small flower onto the large flower, securing it in the center. Make sure to sew through the back loops of the stitches to create a neat and secure attachment.
- Optionally, you can add a button or bead to the center of the small flower for added decoration.
That’s it! You’ve created a layered flower motif. You can make as many of these as you like in different colors and sizes to create a stunning bouquet of flowers or use them as embellishments for your crochet projects.
- To make a larger flower motif, simply work more rounds of petals.
- To make a smaller flower motif, work fewer rounds of petals.
- You can use any type of yarn to make layered flower motifs.
- Layered flower motifs can be joined together to create blankets, afghans, sweaters, and toys.
- You can also use layered flower motifs to embellish other projects, such as hats, bags, and scarves.
You can use this pattern to create a variety of beautiful projects. Get creative and have fun!