Creating crochet gloves with a cat claw pattern can be a fun and unique project. Here’s a pattern to make cat claw crochet gloves. These gloves will have a whimsical feline flair with little crocheted “claws” on the fingertips.
Materials You’ll Need:
- Worsted weight yarn in your choice of color (main color for the gloves)
- Small amounts of yarn in a contrasting color (for the cat claws)
- Crochet hook appropriate for your yarn weight (usually around H/5.0mm)
- Yarn needle
Note: These instructions are for an adult-sized glove, but you can adjust the size by using a smaller or larger hook and varying the number of stitches.
Glove Body (Make 2):
- Start with a foundation chain of 27 stitches. You can adjust this number to make the cuff wider or narrower.
- Join the ends of the chain to form a circle using a slip stitch.
- Rows 1-8 (Cuff):
- Chain 1, then single crochet in each stitch around.
- Join with a slip stitch at the end of each row.
- Repeat this for 8 rows to create the cuff of the glove.
- Chain 1, then continue to single crochet in each stitch around.
- Continue this pattern until the glove reaches the base of your fingers. You may need to measure your hand to get the right length.
- Fingerless or Closed-End Glove:
- If you want a fingerless glove, you can stop crocheting at this point and fasten off.
- If you want a closed-end glove, continue to single crochet until the glove reaches the top of your fingers, then fasten off.