Sure, here is a wonderful baby knitting pattern in two colors:
This adorable baby blanket is perfect for keeping your little one warm and cozy. The blanket is knit in a simple garter stitch pattern with a contrasting border for a touch of elegance.
- Worsted weight yarn in two colors (Color A and Color B)
- Knitting needles appropriate for your yarn (typically size 8 or as recommended on yarn label)
- k: knit
- p: purl
- st(s): stitch(es)
- With Color A, cast on a multiple of 6 stitches. For a baby blanket, you might start with around 120 stitches for a nice size.
Rows 1-10 (Garter Stitch Border):
- Knit every stitch for the first 10 rows to create a garter stitch border.
Rows 11-14 (Color A):
- Knit every stitch with Color A.
Rows 15-18 (Color B):
- Knit every stitch with Color B.
Repeat Rows 11-18:
Continue repeating Rows 11-18 until your blanket reaches the desired length. End with 4 rows of garter stitch (knit every row) to match the beginning border.
Bind Off: Bind off all stitches knitwise on a right-side row.
Finishing: Weave in any loose ends.
Feel free to customize the pattern by adding more colors, changing the stripe width, or incorporating different stitch patterns. This simple pattern is versatile and can be adapted for various baby items. Enjoy knitting for the little one!